Monday, August 25, 2014

Upcycled Cabinet Transformation



I found this old, beat up cabinet at a garage sale for $5.  I had no idea what I was going to do with it once I got it home...but I knew it would be something different!  Or at least I had to convince my husband of that. 

As usual, I "Googled" images and scoured boards on Pinterest until I found something I liked. 
Which I did.  Yes, this was my Pinspiration Piece.  I was quite lucky this time, as usually my Pinspiration comes from multiple photos of things that I like and I work like a crazy person trying to fit them all together in one project.  After removing the doors and all the hardware, 

I painted the exterior  Heirloom White and the interior True Turquoise from Glidden.  I had used it on a vanity that I madeover for my granddaughter and thought it was such a pretty color.    While that was drying I cut out the inserts from the center of the doors with a jigsaw. 


I replaced them with chicken wire - purchased from Tractor Supply Company. 

With this project, I learned a few lessons: 1) How to use a jigsaw 2) Wet paint globs turn to dry paint globs (they don't magically flatten out) and 3) chicken wire hurts. 

But it was all worth it for the final result:
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment