Friday, January 10, 2014

Cube Art



Do you work in a cubicle (maze, cube farm, whack-a-mole game)?  If so, do you decorate it for the holidays? 


Recently while shopping with family at Home Depot, I spotted these cool things:   

It's a paint roller grid used to remove excess paint off of a roller.  They come in 2 or 3 sizes and are pretty inexpensive.  Immediately, I began to think about what I could make with it.  I noticed the hook area (at the bottom of the picture) and thought it could hang over a door or a cubicle wall.

After letting the idea roll around in my head for a while, I decided to try creating some cube wall art and see what happens.  I thought I'd check on-line to do a little research on cubicle decor and found an article about making cubicles more comfortable and less boring.  According to the article, the easiest and quickest way to personalize your cubicle is through accessories.  http://lifehacker.com/5987607/how-can-i-make-my-cubicle-more-comfortable-and-less-boring

 Here's what I came up with on my first few attempts.





They are fun to make and you can create a variety of themes.  It's like a masterpiece on a mini canvas.












No comments:

Post a Comment