Friday, September 13, 2013

The Studio - My New Creation Station

I had a pretty nice home office/craft room. But a couple months ago I asked my husband if he could build me some more shelves. Being the overachiever that he is...I got a whole new craft room!
Guest bedroom turned Studio
Blue wall & beige carpet - GONE!
Laying out the floor plan
We literally cleaned out the guest - even selling the oak bedroom suite.







During the destruction phase

 I wish I had taken more "before" and "during" pictures, but here are a few.



So for the past few months, I've been trying to create my new room. The toughest part was coming up with a new layout when I was starting from scratch.  We put in new laminate flooring, painted the walls a sunny yellow, added cabinets and a counter top...and all kinds of storage.  (OK, my husband did all that but the color choices and style were mine!) 

And here it is...

Welcome to the Studio of So Very Shari Creations








 I have tons of counter space and a place where I can have my supplies and equipment at my fingertips.
 I made the window valance and matching chair pad to coordinate with my new colors.
Being able to see all my things, having better access to them (and remembering where they are) has made crafting more fun!



It was important to me for Joey & Gabriella to have their own place in my room - we do a lot of crafts together.  This peninsula add-on works great and gives me another work surface.




It was also important for my husband (aka carpenter/painter/handy man/assistant) to have a spot. He even let me keep the antique white desk that I love so much.
I hope you enjoyed your tour.  Come back again and craft with me ~
the door is open!





Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment