Saturday, July 27, 2013

MAKEOVERS - FLEA MARKET FLIPS

I've been busy crafting and creating all spring and into the summer.  Each time picturing how the project would look when I put it on this blog to share with you.  But I just kept creating...starting one project after another and never took the time to upload the pictures to share.  So here are some of the things that have been keeping me busy:


My awesome husband helps with a lot of the painting and all of the wood cutting.  I don't think he trusts me with his tools.
 
We found this diamond in the rough at a yard sale when the grandkids were with us.  Gabriella sat down in it and refused to get up until I promised to buy it for her.  She said it was the "only thing she loved at the whole sale"!  Grandma gave in - I'm so glad I did.
 
I found this damaged ship wheel at a surplus (aka "junk) store.  I bought two of them for $4 each, not knowing what I was going to do with them.  While on a flight to Las Vegas, I got the brilliant idea to create a headboard with it (we needed one anyway).  I drew up the design (just like Candace Olson on HGTV) and my best carpenter/handy man/husband executed the plan.  I just LOVE how it turned out.  It was the springboard piece for our Nautical guest room. 
 
Now, onto the gossip benches.  My new addiction to these old style telephone tables started when my husband bought me one for my birthday.  We had spotted at a flea market and I really liked it, but we left without it.  Later that day, Russ went back and bought it, without me knowing and started the makeover to surprise me for my birthday.  I recovered the cushion with one of my favorite animal prints...and the trend continued. 

I made this for my friend, Joni, who requested leopard print.



 
I really like how the black and zebra stripe bench turned out.This one is available for purchase.  I've seen them on Etsy's for $100 - $300 each (plus shipping).  I've priced this one at $70.  Contact me if you're interested.
 
I have a hard time letting go of some of these pieces, they become like children to me...however, if some of them don't go...someone may need to find a new place to live! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment