Sunday, June 3, 2012

Where Have You Been?

I've been kinda busy lately and haven't taken the time to write.  I feel like I need to have something worthwhile to share or why do it?  Even if no one else reads or appreciates what I write, I like to have this creative outlet.  The best thing about having a blog like this is the fact that I can write whenever the mood strikes.  I don't have a due date or deadline.  I'm not getting graded (I'm not, am I?) and if I don't write for 2 months, that's OK.  Or, if I want to post twice a day, that's OK too!

Actually, I was kinda waiting to see if anyone missed it, plus it's given me more time to read some other blogs.  Again, I am absolutely blown away by the number of creative and talented bloggers out there.  You are a true inspiration. 

I have a few topics and ideas rolling around in my head for things that I want to share, but haven't been able to funnel them into a cohesive, worthwhile story yet.  I usually come up with my best stuff VERY early in the morning - often before I get out of bed.  It's not unusual for me to lie awake early on a Saturday or Sunday morning and compose a complete (and rhyming) poem before my feet hit the floor.  However, I've been more tired lately and have been sleeping until "the last minute" and therefore, I lose my best time for creativity.  Sure, I'll work on things (mentally) throughout the day, but I'm so easily distracted that I can't finish the story in my head.  Which reminds me that I want to write about Adult ADD sometime soon - I blame Microsoft Windows!

I have an idea about cooking that I'm working on and hope to have it posted in the next day or two.

Thanks for your comments and encouragement. 

No comments:

Post a Comment