Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Me, a Blogger? No way!

If someone had told me 5 years ago (or even a few months ago) that I would be starting a blog, I would have told them they were crazy.  I've always enjoyed creative writing, but only when the mood would strike...not on demand!  Not if I "had" to!   For the past 3 years I have enjoyed updating my status on Facebook.  I've learned it's a kind of a fun and creative way to say something.  Once I started posting funny comments or pictures, I was kinda surprised at the response I got from my "friends".  People started telling me I was "funny" or that they "loved to read my posts".   Wow!  This attention was making me feel kinda cool!  I've always known I was funny, I was just too quiet or not confident enough about my silly comments until I knew my audience well enough to just let the funny out! 

Then my daughter, Ashley Joy (whom I'm sure will be a subject of many of my future writings) got me started on Pinterest.  (As a side note - Ashley Joy is very funny!  We are a lot alike in the fact that we "get" the same things.  Sometimes when we think we are being quite humorus, and no one else gets it, we have to call each other to share just how hysterical we are!)  OK, back to Pinterest...

Personally, I've only known one person that has a blog.  Two, if you count my BIL who posts pictures of his beautiful golf course on occasion.  It wasn't until I starting "pinning" and was directed to all these different bloggers for recipes, crafts, how-to tutorials, etc. that I realized how many bloggers there might really be out there!  I was utterly amazed at all the stay-at-home moms, retired grandma's, and active photographers that all had something to say.  And, it must be interesting enough stuff for them to continue blogging.  I couldn't imagine doing this just for myself...but then again, who knows!  I started to read the profiles of the bloggers and saw that many of them didn't have any professional blogger training or strict study in bloggiology, they just had something that they wanted to share...and that got me thinking...I have a lot of things that I want to share!  I want to share more than what I can put in a FB status, more than I can put in an email or describe in a phone conversation.  I have a lot ideas and random thoughts that I want to share.  There are things I found or things I just know that might help someone else or maybe just give someone something to think about...or LAUGH about (because I'm so funny)! 

So today, I start my blog "So Very Shari" and we'll see where this road takes me!

2 comments:

  1. On this road...well, let's face it, road trips with you are never not interesting! Blog on Shari, Blog on!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sarah...it took me a minute to recall the mother of all roadtrips! Thanks for the reminder. We will be heading back to Ohio in a couple weeks, care to ride with us?

      Delete